After going through my notes I remembered what lecture 1 was about. It's been a while..
Baudrillard's code.. mmm What to say about that. It's an interesting thought but I don't really agree with him. Groups (like women after the feminism waves) can be adopted in the code, but nowadays almost all groups are adopted which makes the code this modern society in my believe. The social control, which in Baudrillard's believes is a bad thing, can be seen as something confrotable for people. You know what is expected and you know what you can and can't do. ofcourse you always have a group of individuals who don't agree or don't like the social controle. Well according to Baudrillard you can break out of the Code. But the only way of breaking out is violence. So you need violence to became what you want? Isn't there another way of accomplishing what you want but without violence? I don't say that all people have to be satisfied with their lives and that they have to take what they want for granted but violence doesn't have to be the main option. I tried to look up a short summary of what Baudrillard's code is but I can't really find one which is useful. It is so much and so complicated that it's hard to say in a couple of words what it is. Therefore I think it's really hard to give comments on it, just because i'm not really sure what it is, I only understand the main idea.
I do see a point in the idea of forgetting the desh (between black/ whit, old/ young etc.) By forgetting the desh words will became less structured. Because what for one old is is for someone els young. Some people do this in small steps, forgetting about an age difference in relationships (friendship or lovers) They don't care about age, coulor or race but about the peron itself. But the distingtion between a dark person or a white person will be made anyway. Just because for a white person a darker person is "black" aswell as the other way around. Or the distingtion between a totler and a grandfather.. The bigger the difference the less we can leave out the desh. Small differences can be blured.
If we can leave out the desh completely there will be no more discrimination or racism. Because than everybody is black as well as white.
Don't let me start about the death but alive part, I think that's something people can't imagion. Just as I can't. I simpely just can see a living person as a bit death already.. Yes we are going to die and some very sick people are living on the edge but that doesn't mean that they are not alive anymore.. The memorie of a death person doens't make him/her more alive, a memorie reminds us of the life someone had lived before his/her death, it is not like that life still continuous.
Please give me your comments on this, because i have no clue whether this is good or not..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment