We performed our presentation last Thursday. I say performed because there was a fair amount of acting involved and I think we were all Oscar worthy! Maybe not quite but I was really impressed with the rest of my group.
As detailed in the presentation progress posts, we acted out a talk show, in which Jean Baudrillard was the star guest and his controversial theories on terrorism was the subject. I think our choice of topic was successful as with the greatest respect to other groups, those who attempted to explain the Code, it often came across as too much information crammed into 15 minutes. After all it took me a whole lecture and weeks of reflection before I felt I understood the Code.
As the dialect in our presentation was meant to be a conversation amongst the guests, it was important we all knew our lines. Everyone knew their parts well and this meant everything flowed nicely. Michael also did a good job of making sure the PowerPoint presentation aligned with our speech.
The only hitch we had was that as we exited the 'stage', Meena believed our presentation was over and summoned the next group. However as we had a couple minutes left, she allowed us to conclude and so we got in everything we wanted. I can't say I kept track myself, but other members of the group commented that we stuck to the time limit well.
The 'audience' asked us lots of questions, which showed they were paying attention and hopefully enjoyed the presentation. William asked us a question that Michael had predicted, "Why is Amira a terrorist?"
I am really glad he asked as it gave me the opportunity to re-iterate our aim, that we had not intended to force upon people Baudrillard's theory, but to present it in a way that gave them an understanding of it. I believe the characters were pivotal to this as they showed how the theory could relate to individuals, making it more accessible.
Other groups incorporated elements such as YouTube clips and questionnaires, but I believe our presentation was sufficient without them.
I really enjoyed the presentation and would like to say thank you to everyone I shared a group with. Irene, who made the audience laugh and could easily have played all parts herself, complete with accents! Scott whose portrayal of Rumsfield, ex- Secretary of defence, was so good that the audience asking questions treated him like he actually was Rumsfield, and Michael who did such a good job as the host, and actually wore a suit as promised. It was a good end to an enjoyable module.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment